What an energizing couple of weeks. SugarDanny is launched and I wanted to say thank you to all of you for helping support getting this company off the ground. We sold our first cookie on December 10th and today we passed 3,000 cookies. The positive feedback has been awesome - thank you! All of your encouragement means a lot to us.
So I decided it’s time to bring SugarDanny back. Because now more than ever, people need joy in their lives and cookies are a great way to bring people together.
It’s a family affair this time around too, with friends and family all helping - from designing the brand, to promoting us to friends, to even loaning us their mixer when ours broke - it’s all hands on deck and couldn’t do it without you!
- New Packaging and National Shipping coming soon! We are fine tuning our packaging so we can send our cookies anywhere in the US in two days or less (so they stay fresh) without breaking. We're looking for people with experience in logistics to help us iron out the details.
- Do it for the Gram! We are building out a social presence on Instagram and Facebook where we’ll announce new products and share some of the joy that SugarDanny is sparking. Be sure to follow us @sugardannybakery and share your unboxing and support with friends.
- Scaling up! We are looking for a commercial kitchen that we can move to as we start to scale up. Right now we’re doing 100 orders per week, but we think this will look more like 500 orders a week a few months from now, and into the 1000s hopefully not long after.
- Subscriptions! We are looking into adding the ability to subscribe to get cookies delivered on a regular basis. Stay tuned for this launch in the coming weeks and months.
- New cookies! We have a number of new cookies in development and will be launching soon. Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so we're already cooking something up that you’ll love. We’d love to hear your ideas.
- Reviews! We just launched product reviews on our site — please visit sugardanny.myshopify.com
and share feedback about your favorite cookie on the individual product pages. Reviews alone can produce a 20% lift in sales.
SugarDanny is more than just cookies. We think everyone in the world will enjoy SugarDanny, because it’s a way to bring people together, to reconnect with friends. We’ll leave you with an unsolicited email below that we received last week from one of our early customers that we’ve never met! This gets us fired up and excited to see where we can take this.
---------- Forwarded message ---------
I got a bag of your cookies this week from a dear friend/co-worker [redacted but thank you for sharing with others] and I'm so mad at her for introducing your cookies to us because now I cannot go a day without eating one and will certainly be ordering from you in the future.
I just wanted to send you a note to say THANK YOU for making these amazing cookies. I read your story and am so glad you found a way to do what you love and not manage a storefront (which, coming from a family who owned restaurants growing up, I know is very very challenging).
All my best to you and Happy New Year!